Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

ESHKOL, Elijah

2 posters

Go down

ESHKOL, Elijah Empty ESHKOL, Elijah

Post by Elijah Eshkol Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Name, nicknames, anything:

ESHKOL, Elijah (Eli)

Age, rank [please refer to the list of opened and filled ranks before choosing a rank], anything that goes along with that (include what country and branch of the military[ignore if character is not military] the character is in):

26, Civilian, Mossad

Describe your character's appearance. Include eye colour, hair colour, height, build, and anything extra.

Height: 6’2
    Weight: 201lbs
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Hair: Almost black
    Skin: dark copper-tone
    Build: Athletic
Character play-by (Actor/actress that portrays your character)

JOHN ABRAHAM

Likes/Dislikes, at least three each.

• martial arts
  • women
    Dislikes:
  • anyone messing with his sister
  • being ganged up on
  • Palestinians--because he is one

Skills, at least three.

• krav maga
  • infiltration
  • romance

Strengths/Weaknesses, at least three each.

Strengths:
  • friendly
  • fast learner
  • physically strong
    Weaknesses:
  • his sister
  • a woman in distress
  • over-confidence

At least three important events in your character's life and why it matters.

• being found by Adir when his father killed his mother (~3 yrs old)
  • being adopted by the Yadins formally after the Eshkols were killed in a suicide bombing he survived
  • joining Mossad to follow in his sister's footsteps

Main goal:

do everything he can to make up for the crimes done by his real people to the Jewish nation

Greatest fear:

a very short, very lonely life

What does your character not like about themselves? At least three things.

• won't commit--not can't--won't. people who get close get killed.
  • he's not a true Jew
  • he wasn't there when his sister needed him the most

Why was your character chosen for the Stargate program? (Include any skills that would be part of the reason.)

He convinced Adir that Sarah needed him. Not that Elijah doesn't have the skill to be selected for the program himself, if he were US military. He is an ace fighter pilot having fought in the Lebanon wars. He is also very good as an infiltrator. He is not an assassin as Sarah was, but he is a good spy and will do what is needed.

Describe your character's personality, at least one hundred words.

Elijah Eshkol is very outgoing, friendly, and charming. He is used to getting his way through charm. He is fiercely protective of his older sister—even though she is stronger, older, and better trained. He has an old-school code of honor believing himself and his adopted uncle to be the “good guys” in a struggle for freedom and general good. He views his position at Mossad in light of that honor code. He believes that the good guys should take care of their own, no matter what. When an element of Mossad loyal to Levi Yadin burned his sister this code was broken in his mind. He tried everything to get her back, even going so far as to leak information provided to him by Adir Yadin, which led to her rescue by the Regiment.

Your character's history, at least 300 words.

Elijah was born to the son of Hamas’ leader. His mother was killed in an honor killing due to her conversion to Christianity. While his father killed his mother, a captured Mossad agent was escaping, and grabbed the child. That agent was Adir Yadin and would eventually be the Director of Operations for Mossad. He brought Elijah to the woman he loved, but could never marry—the wife of his older brother. She already had a five year old girl named Sarah. She adopted Elijah as her own son, but when her husband returned from a diplomatic conference he made her give Elijah up to a family friend, the Eshkols. Elijah was never told.

When he was six the Eshkols were killed in a suicide bombing of a bus and Elijah was the only survivor. Levi Yadin reluctantly let his wife, Ruti, take him in. Elijah kept the name of his adopted parents to honor their memory. He and Sarah grew up together alongside Sarah’s younger brother Moshe. They have always shared a special bond.

Elijah and Sarah grew up and followed Adir’s footsteps, going first to the same university and then the IDF, then joining Mossad. They became the perfect team and were posted to Kidon Unit—the elite assassin squad for Mossad. When Sarah was taken by SAVAK he did everything he could to make his government mount a rescue operation, but with little success. The best he could do was covertly pass the British information that might contain the whereabouts of a valuable asset in the field. This eventually led to her rescue, after four months of torture. He stayed with her during her recovery as much as was possible. He still shows up and watches out for her. Elijah had always been a thrill seeker, his defiance to Levi Yadin only the most recent form of it. He is also flamboyant, living the high life to its fullest. He considers himself a type of James Bond—complete with the lifestyle and spy toys.

Roleplay sample (please use the character you're creating):

”Eli?!” She paused as she climbed up a pile of dirt and rocks. “Eli, where are you at? Mother will be upset if we are late to dinner again!”

A muffled sob drew her attention to the acacia trees. Eli sat against one of them throwing stones into a muddy puddle.

“There you are!”

“Go away.”

“What is wrong?”

“What isn’t?”

She sat down next to him and turned him to look at her. A large bruise formed under his eye.

“Which one? I will make him pay.”

“Thanks, but do you know it makes it worse when a girl defends me?”

“Then we will make it worse for them. They have no reason to do this.”

“I am a stranger—an Arab. I have no blood here. I don’t belong and you know it.”

“Eli—never! They tell you this?! They lie! I love you. You are my friend.”

“I have no family.”

“What are we then, eh? Dogs?”

He managed a short snort. “Lo. But you will only be the people I was raised by, not blood. When you and I grow up we will be as strangers. You will go off and marry and I will go too—no family to bind no blood between us. Levi does not see me as his son. I have no inheritance, no place in his family.”

“I barely have a place in his family and his blood is in my veins—I do not see why this is so important.”

“The closest thing I have to a father is Ari—but even then—there is nothing. He is nice to me. This is all.”

“What can we do then? We must make you family.” Sarah sat and stared hard at the muddy water, absently wrapping her hair around her finger over and over until it kept the curl for a few seconds.

“How?”

“When we are old enough you and I—we marry.”

“Disgusting! I can’t kiss you…you’re…you’re…it would be gross.”

She cuffed the back of his head.

“I am gross, eh?”

“Lo! I meant…ok, you’re a girl—sorta—so yes, you are gross—nevermind that it would be like marrying my sister.”

“So then you do think of me like family.”

“I guess.”

She took out her pocket knife and started scraping the bark off the acacia. Then the idea hit her.

“There is a way we can share blood.”

“Huh?”

“The Americans call it blood brothers—it is an oath, you see—the strongest oath, sealed with blood—like Daveed and Yonathon.”

She wiped the small but sharp blade and then held up her palm.

“I Sarah Yadin do take you, Eli, as my blood brother—to love you and hold you as my own family. To pick on you and defend you as if we shared a mother.” Her eyes darkened. “If anyone were to harm you or kill you I swear on my own life that I will not rest until I have avenged you. This I swear—may all the plagues of Egypt fall on my head if I ever break this oath.”

She dug the blade deep into her palm and slid it down until a steady trickle of crimson flowed from the wound.

Eli looked up at her and took the knife himself, cutting his hand open the same way and clasping hands with her before declaring his own oath.

“I Eli Eshkol...”

“Yadin now.”

“I Eli Eshkol Yadin do take you, Sarai, as my blood sister—to love you and treat you as my own kin. To put up with you until I am taller than you and then pin you to the ground—then I defend you.” He tousled her hair. She punched his shoulder. “To scare away any boyfriends too. If anyone hurts you, or kills you, to make them suffer until death. This I swear before Elohim in Heaven, and Allah in Hell—may my death be more painful than a Nazi camp if ever I break this oath.”

Brother and sister embraced, kissing each other’s cheeks.

“Now—come to dinner before mother grounds us both!”

PLAYER DETAILS. Name (doesn't have to be real, just a moniker for us to use), age, how long you've been RPing, timezone, best way to contact you, anything else you think we should know:

Sailawen, 25, 5+ yrs, (GMT-7), IM/PM, also play Sarah Yadin

Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

ESHKOL, Elijah Empty Re: ESHKOL, Elijah

Post by Eric Crichton Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

APPROVED
Eric Crichton
Eric Crichton
Commander (Navy O-5)
Commander (Navy O-5)