Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Getting my bearings

2 posters

Go down

Getting my bearings Empty Getting my bearings

Post by Elijah Eshkol Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Elijah stole through the hallways, dreading at each turn running into his sister. She didn't know he was hear yet and as soon as she did know she was going to beat his ass into the ground for following her. Sarah was nothing but stubborn. Even when she was crippled she wouldn't let him help her do the simple things, like get out of bed or put on her shoes.

He rolled his eyes. Someone had to look after the feisty Israeli woman, because she sure as hell wouldn't look after herself. He had a gnawing feeling in his gut that she was going to be reckless, and what had he found when he'd arrived?

Sarah had gone on a mission. She was barely six months out of the mouth of Hell itself, partially crippled--hell, the doctors in Israel had said she'd never walk on her own power again--served them right for telling Sarah Yadin 'no'--but still, she had pushed herself to the limit of her endurance and called that her norm. It was a wonder she hadn't come back in worse shape than she had.

She was going to be the death of him.

So he'd left Mossad--well, not really since it was technically Mossad that posted him there--and come to America and this godforsaken hole in the ground. That hole though promised treasures wilder than even he could imagine. He'd been living the good life as a Saudi businessman with the funds and appetites of the royal family. He was now eager to discover what exotics the alien landscapes the Stargate could deliver. Though, only with Sarai in sight--like that would happen.

He'd have to show himself to her sometime. She probably already knew--he was a good spy but she outclassed him by far. She had a second sense about her, ever since their childhood, where she could detect a change in the air around her as subtle as a bird flapping its wings in the neighbor's yard.

It was what made her so good. It was also what made her insufferable.

Elijah was so engrossed in his thoughts that he forgot he was hiding from his sister and walked right around a corner without looking first.

The collision of books meant it wasn't Sarah he'd impacted--that and the fact that he was not pinned to the floor begging for death to stop the pain.

Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Getting my bearings Empty Re: Getting my bearings

Post by Tegan Radley Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Tegan shifted the pile of books in her left arm slightly before flipping another page of the book she was holding with her right hand and occasionally glancing over the top of said book as she navigated the concrete hallways.

She'd only been working at the mountain for a few weeks, but she was already an expert at getting around without really seeing where she was going and the base population was quickly learning to make a hole whenever they saw the walking pile of books headed their way.

She shifted the books again to keep them from slipping, blew at a stray curl that slipped from the knot of hair on her head...and promptly walked into something soild, sending her backwards onto her butt.

Tegan let out an exasperated puff of air as a shower of books and loose pages fluttered down around her.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

Elijah was a pretty solid man, so he held himself firm, barely taking a step back to keep his feet steady. The crash of books made him look down and that was when his whole outlook on the Stargate program changed.

A vision in messy curls tied tight and reddened eyes from keeping her nose in too many books looked up at him with wide lost eyes. The lab coat was a nice touch, all she needed were thick-rimmed glasses and it would complete the image of the repressed, but sexy librarian type. He could see those curls released, tossing to and fro and RAWR.

Whoa...slow down...maybe you should I don't know, help her up off the floor?

His accent was thick but smooth as Eastern silks.

"Pardon, ani'mit'zaret. I did not see you there, yafe." What were the odds of the woman knowing the Hebrew for 'beautiful' on an American base?

He bent down to one knee and started collecting books, taking her hand--soft as Egyptian cotton--and helping her back to her feet. He almost brushed his lips against her creamy skin, but figured she might take offense at that.

"Elijah."

He flashed her a smile, dark eyes glinting with delight.
Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm

((I have started this post FIVE TIMES and keep getting interupted *sigh*))

Tegan's cheeks pinked slightly as she accepted the proffered hand and climbed to her feet. Her understanding of Hebrew was sketchy, but she knew enough to catch the compliment.

She stood awkwardly for a second staring at his dark eyes before realizing he'd said something else...also that she was still holding onto his hand.

"Oh! Um, I'm Dr. Tegan Radley. It's nice to meet you." She said quickly letting go of his hand as the color in her cheeks darkened. Tegan started collecting books and loose papers from Eli's arms.

"Sorry. I tend to get a little wrapped up in whatever I'm working on and...shoot!" She said, catching a glance at her watch. "I've got two minutes to...never mind. It was nice to meet you!" She said, quickly grabbing the last book and disappearing around the corner.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Eshkol Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Her skin was softer than rose petals between his fingers, with the tips dried where she turned the pages of her books. He released her, noticing the flush of her cheeks as she collected the rest of her papers.

He couldn't let her slip away so easily.

"Na'eem me'od--nice meeting you too." He held onto half her load and tried to take some of the books back. "Only two minutes? Maybe you could use some help? I was walking that way anyway."

Elijah Eshkol
Elijah Eshkol
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegan Radley Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Tegan paused to study Eli, but looked away after a brief second. His dark gaze made her nervous, and she quickly depositing most of the books in his arms and started moving down the hall before she could change her mind about accepting his help. They were really heavy books after all.

"I'm supposed to be briefing SG teams four and seven on the indigenous people of PX917." Tegan said in a rushed manner, her nerves getting the better of her. "The people worship a giant chicken like creature. Or maybe it's more of a turkey. Emu? No, it's definitely poultry-like...." Tegan trailed off realizing she was rambling. Was she really talking to this guy about chicken gods? Awesome.

The door to the briefing room came into view, and she might have started walking a little faster. A tiny bit. Maybe.

She gathered her books back from him as they came to stop in front of the doors. "Um, thanks for carrying these. Welcome to Cheyenne! See you around?...okay bye." Tegan managed to get through the doors and shut them behind her in record time leaving a baffled looking Eli in the hall.

Collapsing against the shut door for a second, Tegan let out a frustrated breath.

Social outcast of the year award.
Tegan Radley
Tegan Radley
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum