Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

SGC RP FAQs

Go down

SGC RP FAQs Empty SGC RP FAQs

Post by Eric Crichton Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:24 pm

FAQs

Q: When does this take place in the Stargate universe?
A: The Stargate Command RP takes place in season one of the SG-1 universe after Apophis came through the gate and it is discovered that the gate does not just take people to Abidos. The year is 2012.

Q: So, no space ships, Tok'ra allies or advanced tech?
A: Nope! We have none of that. What made SG-1 so interesting and cool was that we were out matched in tech, we are fighting against the odds. So we are starting from season one and we will be discovering things like they did throughout the SG-1 series run.

Q: Are the cannon characters there? (Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Daniel, Hammond, ect.)
A: No. Stargate Command is comprised of original characters created by the players.

Q: How do teams work? Will I be on SG-1?
A: If your application is approved you will be placed on your initial SG team and from there your character will be rotated through the different teams (including SG-1) as missions progress. This is to give everyone the opportunity to play with the other RPers here on SGC. People will also be temporarily rotated out of a team for other reasons (person is on leave, person has not been on the site for a substantial amount of time).

Q: I want to be the General! So, can I boss everyone around?
A: There is a rank structure for the characters. When you go to the application thread to get the application, there is a list of what ranks are filled and what ranks need to be filled. During the RP this does give the character of higher rank the ability to command others, however, respect still must be given to the other players. Do not go and force another player to do something out of character. General orders (example: take team member 2 and go to point B to provide cover) are okay, but if you are going to do something extreme be sure to consult the other player first via PM or chat box. Basically, use common sense. Wink

Q: Can I have multiple characters? I like playing different people.
A: Yes! You can have multiple characters. But you must give equal time to all your characters so please don't spread yourself too thin with more characters than you can handle.

Q: This sounds cool but I have never done play-by-post role play before. How do I get started and what do I do?
A: No problem! We love introducing people to PBPRP! Just register here and PM any of the staff members (we have the red usernames) and we will help you get started!
Eric Crichton
Eric Crichton
Commander (Navy O-5)
Commander (Navy O-5)

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Male

https://stargatecommand.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum