Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Gunslinger

2 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Gunslinger - Page 6 Empty Re: Gunslinger

Post by Vash Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Vash supposed he could understand that kind of desperation. After all, an entire town had tried to kill him in order to get the bounty money that was on his head. He was no stranger to being in the way of people's goals.

But... Damn it, why was it always him that got tortured and shot at and had to deal with attempted murders, just because of a stupidly high bounty?

Vash huffed out a sigh of air, before forcing himself to relax and talk about her dog. Dog equals safe subject, right? "If you're in America much longer, maybe you should look for your own place? So you can have your dog? Unless your mom needs him now."
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Sarah felt the discomfort in his voice and the way his muscles tensed for a moment.

She understood better than he could ever know.

A piece of debris in his hair caught the last of the light. Sarah reached up to brush it away without thinking--or maybe she was thinking but only of making his bad thoughts go away.

The night was lit by a full moon, or else the area would be pitch black by now. The thick haze of the milky-way galaxy slashed through the night.

She wasn't sure why she felt so open with him, but for some reason this annoyance from outer-space had her trust.

"My mother needs him." She would have told him more but she didn't want to upset him.

"What about you? What is it like where you come from, Vash?"

Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Vash gave an almost humorless laugh. "Where I'm from. Simple. Yet complicated. Death and destruction seemed to follow me, so I tried to move on quickly, before I could inflict that on the people I liked. People always seemed to... need things, and no matter how much I gave, it was never enough." He looked up at the sky, and his voice came out wistful. "I miss the stars from my home. Sometimes I felt like I could talk to them. They'd become friends. These stars are strangers to me."
Vash
Vash

Character sheet
Race:
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Sarah let out a deep sigh, trying not to wince at the stabbing pain in her shoulder.

"Sounds lonely."

She felt that too many times in her life to even tell. She never measured up, was never enough--only in Academy but that came with it's own...complications. she was known as the best in her game, but that meant nothing when the shit actually hit the fan. They'd still abandoned her, left her for dead because it was convenient.  

Lonely...yeah, she could relate to that--not that she'd ever admit it.

"Lonely is safe." she agreed with him, not offering anything else.

Looking up at the Milky Way though made her wonder. Sure lonely was safe, but was it right? When was the last time she'd done this--just looked up at the stars for no other purpose than to look up?

She withdrew her arm from him, missing the warmth immediately.

"Well, until we can find the Gate address to your planet, you should get to know them?"

It was phrased as a question, but she raised her good arm to point at the sky without his approval.

"We're in the southern hemisphere, so I'm a bit rusty. Most of my work is north of the equator. When I want to get away I take my sailboat out on the ocean. I've always sailed by the stars--my brother says I'm horribly old fashioned that way. Computers are more efficient, but the stars are more peaceful I think."

She directed his line of sight by moving her arm.

"That is the Southern Cross. You can only see it from this far south--and that bright one is Alpha Centauri. That is the closest star to us if we didn't have the Stargate."

she stretched back a bit, biting her lip so she could point up.

"That funny looking one with the three stars together, that is Orion. It's a northern constellation, but the south can see it upside-down. And the mass of bright ones in the cloud is the edge of our galaxy, the Milky Way."

She slowly brought her arm down and looked over at him.

"I hope that helps."

Sarah felt a shy smile crease her lips and she looked away.
Sarah Yadin
Sarah Yadin
Civilian

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6