Stargate Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Of all the gin joints...
by Logan Echolls Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

» Home sweet home
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

» Echolls, Logan
by Sarah Yadin Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

» Application for Veronica Mars
by Veronica Mars Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

» Grace [Sarah/Dan/Invite]
by Sarah Yadin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Site Contribution

Application for Crichton, Eric

2 posters

Go down

Application for Crichton, Eric Empty Application for Crichton, Eric

Post by Eric Crichton Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Application for Crichton, Eric Snake13

Name, nicknames, anything:

Eric James Crichton, Commander, Sir Razz

Age, rank, anything that goes along with that (include what branch of the military [ignore if character is not military] the character is in):

Branch of service: U.S. Navy

Describe your character's appearance. Include eye colour, hair colour, height, build, and anything extra.

Commander Crichton, a black haired, hazel eyed gentleman coming in at 5'10", has an average build weighing 166 pounds which tends to make opponents think that he is not much of a threat. They would be wrong.

Character play-by (Actor/actress that portrays your character)

Gary Sinise

Likes/Dislikes, at least three each.

• Navy Core Values (Honor, Courage, and Commitment)
  • Good quality dark coffee (no cream or sugar)
  • Classical Music

Dislikes:
  • Insubordination
  • Selfishness
  • Spicy Food

Skills, at least three.

• Hand to hand combat
  • Marksman (non sniper)
  • Wilderness Survival

Strengths/Weaknesses, at least three each.

Strengths:
  • Highly Observant
  • Friendly
  • Excellent cook

Weaknesses:
  • Although a friendly guy, Eric is sometimes too quiet, making others nervous around him.
  • Very demanding of self and as a result tends to be very hard on himself.
  • Very grumpy before his coffee.

At least three important events in your character's life and why it matters.

• Meeting Mark Holloway. Eric grew up in a broken home with almost nothing as his father left and took everything with him. Eric would eventually turn to crime and spend lots of time in and out of juvenile hall. Mark Holloway, a U.S. Navy SEAL spending his last few years in the Navy before retirement as a Navy recruiter got a hold of Eric and took him under his wing. This lead to Eric other defining event.
  • Joining the U.S. Navy. Due to Holloway's care, Eric straitened up and went back to school to later earn scholarships to go to college. This in turn allowed him to join the Navy OCS and later to go through the BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) program and to become a U.S. Navy SEAL.
  • Joining the Stargate program. As a kid, Eric always stargazed and wondered if there was life out among the stars. The only good memory Eric has of the time before his dad left was when they would spend time out on the back porch with a telescope, charting the stars together. The Commander was approached by the CNO(Chief of Naval Operations), Admiral Johnson, to join the Stargate program after Eric's commanding officer was approached by the Admiral and was asked who was his best SEAL commander was. Eric's first words after seeing the Stargate was simply, "I knew it."

Main goal:

To serve his country that he loves and to protect it from the Goa'uld.

Greatest fear:

Kind of obvious but, being snaked by a damn Goa'uld.

What does your character not like about themselves? At least three things.

• His past (mistakes he made in his young teen years)
  • Does not make time for things that matter (His mentor, Holloway passed away and he did not make it to the funeral.)
  • Sometimes feels that he takes his highly observant skill too far (can be too quite at times while he observes others)

Why was your character chosen for the Stargate program? (Include any skills that would be part of the reason.)

In 1994 Crichton, then a Lieutenant Commander, led a small team into North Korea in the attempt to take out the heir to the presidency, Kim Jong-il, but was only able to find and take out Kim Il-sung. The official release to the world was that Kim Il-sung collapsed from a sudden heart attack. This false story sent out by North Korea was to undoubtedly save face as just before the death of Il-sung, the South attempted, and failed, a covert assassination of Il-sung. This led Kim jong-il to believe that South Korea pulled this off and for him to admit defeat by the South to the world was unthinkable. Even though the team only got Il-sung, the fact that Crichton and his team got in and out, never set off any alarms, and, due to their stealth, never had to take out any guards made his commanding officer recommend him to the CNO.

Describe your character's personality, at least one hundred words.

Generally quite around others he does not know, Eric tends to observe before diving into conversations. Even though his quite, observing nature tends to make people who do not know him uneasy, he is a very friendly guy. Even if he has to step out of his comfort zone of quietly observing, Crichton will go to bat for the men and women he works with. He will put others life above his own in any dangerous situation. This has led to some believing that Eric has a death wish. While he is a far cry from the troubled teen he once was, he still struggles and dwells on his past.

Your character's history, at least 300 words.

(Just some copy from above which already gave a history) Eric grew up in a broken home with almost nothing as his father left and took everything with him. Eric would eventually turn to crime and spend lots of time in and out of juvenile hall Mark Holloway, a U.S. Navy SEAL spending his last few years in the Navy before retirement as a Navy recruiter got a hold of Eric and took him under his wing. This lead to Eric's other defining event, joining the U.S. Navy. Due to Holloway's care, Eric straitened up and went back to school to later earn scholarships to go to college. This in turn allowed him to join the Navy OCS and later to go through the BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) program to become a U.S. Navy SEAL.

In 1994 Crichton, then a Lieutenant Commander, led a small team into North Korea in the attempt to take out the heir to the presidency, Kim Jong-il, but was only able to find and take out Kim Il-sung. The official release to the world was that Kim Il-sung collapsed from a sudden heart attack. This false story sent out by North Korea was to undoubtedly save face as just before the death of Il-sung, the South attempted, and failed, a covert assassination of Il-sung. This led Kim jong-il to believe that South Korea pulled this off and for him to admit defeat by the South to the world was unthinkable. Even though the team only got Il-sung, the fact that Crichton and his team got in and out, never set off any alarms, and, due to their stealth, never had to take out any guards made his commanding officer recommend him to the CNO.

As a kid, Eric always stargazed and wondered if there was life out among the stars. The only good memory Eric has of the time before his dad left was when they would spend time out on the back porch with a telescope, charting the stars together. The Commander was approached by the CNO(Chief of Naval Operations) Admiral Johnson to join the Stargate program after Eric's commanding officer was approached by the Admiral and was asked who was his best SEAL commander was. Eric's first words after seeing the Stargate was simply, "I knew it."

Roleplay sample (please use the character you're creating):

The environment screamed at him with a high pitch ring, muffled shouts could be heard to his right.

"SIR! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

Shaking off the deafening tone Eric struggled to get to cover towards the muffled, familiar voice.

Sam. Good old Sam. They went through BUD/S together, side by side. Picking each other up when one fell out of exhaustion.
    -----
    "You're not going?"
    "I have a whole team of evals to do, not to mention uniform and barracks inspections."
    "But its--"
    "I said I can't Sam, now will you drop it?"
    -----
    Good, my hearing is clearing up.

CRACK! WHIZZZZZ!

Eric lunged the last few feet towards cover, towards good old Sam.

The Lieutenant pawed at his left ear, "Shit man that was close, I actually felt that barely graze my ear!"

Sam took a quick look at his ear, "Your fine you big baby, your just lucky that arr-pee-gee did not play tag with your body!"

Eric smirked then scanned the surrounding buildings.
    "There! We can get a better vantage point up there in that apartment."

Sam took a quick look in the direction that his CO was pointing.
    "Looks good to me, I'll provide cover for you Lieutenant."
    -----
    "Okay, look, how about I take on the load for you? Then will you go?"
    "Sam, if you keep bugging me I am going to put you in sick bay!"
    Sam put his hands in the air, "Okay, okay! Just answer me this one question and I'll let it go. Why?"
    -----
    Eric slammed his back to the inside wall of the building just by the door way, took a deep breath, then brought his M16 around to cover Sam's approach.
    -----
    "Its, just---"
    Eric stopped and looked up at the sky.
    "Hey, Eric man, you can tell me. Let the load off bro."
    "Look, I just can't talk about it right now. I'll talk about it when I am ready."
    -----
    A loud pop could be heard

Across the way. Long way. Where the hell is it coming from?!

Too late. A warm, wet feeling could be felt all over his face.

A painful feeling in his gut. A pain he only felt one other time in his life.

He knew.

A tear streamed down his face, washing away a path through the blood, Sam's blood.

He somehow pulled Sam into the building.

Don't remember how.

I should have done better.

I failed you.

I'm sorry.

I promise I won't miss yours.

I promise I won't put the work ahead.

Like I did with Mark.

I never did tell you why I missed Marks funeral.

Now you will never know.

I'm so sorry.

PLAYER DETAILS. Name (doesn't have to be real, just a moniker for us to use), age, how long you've been RPing, timezone, best way to contact you, anything else you think we should know:

• Moniker: Spade
  • RP History: 4+ years
  • Time Zone: GMT -7 Mountain Time (US & Canada)
  • Best way to contact: PM here, sometimes Skype (id capt.spade)
  • Anything else you should know: I like love pizza! Very Happy

Last edited by Eric Crichton on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric Crichton
Eric Crichton
Commander (Navy O-5)
Commander (Navy O-5)

Character sheet
Race: Tau'ri (Human)
Sex: Male

https://stargatecommand.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Application for Crichton, Eric Empty Re: Application for Crichton, Eric

Post by Sarah Yadin Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Approved